It consists of making a very small incision through which a camera is introduced that lights up the area to be operated on and allows visualisation on a television screen.
Between February 1993 and July 2009 Dr. J. Destandau used Endospine to operate on 7,025 patients with lumbar disc herniations.
Consultation You are examined; Dr. Destandau studies the examinations that you...
The entire procedure is performed under constant video-endoscopic control via the monitor screen. By resecting part of the superior lamina, the articular processes and the yellow ligament, the nerve root, and then the hernia are exposed.
What you should know
- Toutes les informations sur le site du centre de chirurgie endoscopique du rachis
- La chirccurgie n’est utile que lorsque la hernie discale provoque une douleur dans la jambe ou le bras
- Average hospitalisation period with Endospine: 2 days
- Walking on the same day of the operation
- No post-operative care required (neither drain nor stitches to be removed)
- No restrictions and no delay on the return to a normal life
95% of the patients are satisfied